Our Wish List
Every child has the right to excellent teaching and learning opportunities. Dorothea school is committed to ensure good quality education for learners with special educational needs.
We are a state-supported school with an operating area of approximately 60km radius. We provide an educational service to 265 previously disadvantaged and severely mentally impaired children, some of which are multi-handicapped. Our learners are provided with optimal opportunities to support their scholastic progress. Furthermore they excel in other areas such as athletics, touch rugby, swimming, soccer, table tennis, basketball, hokker and netball
We live by our vision; 'Leading School for optimal growth'. With a very enthusiastic, hardworking and studious staff we aim to embody this vision through total community involvement
The learners and staff at Dorothea Special School gratefully acknowledge all the help and support that we get from the Department of education, private businesses, Non-Profit organizations and individuals.
In our quest to continuously improve the conditions for the learners at Dorothea Special School we need your support with the following:
- School shoes, socks and warm jackets for the winter
- Toiletries like toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, etc
- Help to keep our building beautiful, safe and clean
- Expert help to improve the Learning difficulties of our children before the leave Dorothea School.
- Funding to send our teachers on continuous workshops and training in order to keep up with changes and educating our kids effectively
- Funding towards equipment and resources to enable our learners across specific abilities they need to become the rightful citizens that they deserve to be.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you or your organisation are in a position to help us in our quest to uplift our learners who are very special to us. Please do nothesitate to leave a note so that we can say thank you in our own special way.
|ACCOUNT NUMBER||072 279273||BRANCH CODE||050610|